Sunday 9 June 2013

Sometimes You Just Have to Laugh

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  I really hate that saying.  Sometimes when life gives me lemons, I want to throw them right back in life's face!   I can't be the only one who feels like that once in a while.

I just thought I would start this blog with that paragraph, simply because it made me smile.  When life throws me lemons, I would much rather make a lemon pie than lemonade, pies are sweeter.

Last weekend we finally got to go camping!  We hadn't gone since March!  I had a blast.  We were at the Fish and Game Club volunteering at the Mid Island Geocachers booth.  For manning the booth, we got to camp for free Thursday night till Monday morning. Of course it rained from Thursday to Saturday.   It was nice, sitting by the campfire, the hustle and bustle of the city left behind, the peace and tranquility of the birds siging, the putter patter of rain on the roof of the booth tent and RV.  *sigh*.
We were quite busy at the booth,and,  despite the rain on Saturday there were still quite a few people who showed up looking for information on geocaching.  Sunday was a beautiful day, and we were really busy taking people put on cache walks and explaining what geocaching was all about.  It was really exciting to see how many people were interested in learning about geocaching.   Another thing that was interesting is how quickly I burn, and now much that burn hurts!

Since we got back from camping, Ray has been busy working and preparing the side of the house to put up the siding.  We are using hardi plank for siding.  It is going to look AMAZING when it is done.  We are not going with the neutral beige-grey and olive tones everybody is using.  We are going brick red with white trim.  The house is going to POP!   I am very excited about it.  Ray worked hard all morning getting things ready, then finally the time came to put the pieces up, and wouldn't you know, it started raining.  Not the light misty rain we know so well out here.  Noooo. It was real rain.  The kind that actually gets things wet.    I came in the house, Ray chose to continue outside.    I know I won't melt in the rain, but it was a cold rain, and I don't like to be cold so I came in.   It just seemed ironic that just when things start to get moving, something happens to slow us down.    We will NOT be deterred!  We WILL be victorious!

With that said, I will just gather up my lemons, and go bake a pie.

Have a great day

Love ya

Me


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your pie!! That made me laugh :)

    Can't wait to see the house with the Hardi Plank all finished! It's going to look amazing! Hurrayyyy!

    Love & miss you xxoo

    -Meeka

    ReplyDelete