Saturday 22 June 2013

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I UNDERSTOOD

I was looking at the law of attraction, studying it, trying to master it.  I came upon a site that suggested if you want treasures in life, look at the treasures you have, and concentrate on them, and more treasures will come to you.  Instead of looking at what you don't have and wishing for it, look at what you do have, be grateful for it, and more of the same will come to you.

I was always looking at what I want, which is obviously what I don't have, a newer car, a newer boat, bigger house, newer RV, more money to buy these things and all the other wonderful things money can buy.  I would sit and dream of driving across Canada in a newer, fancier RV.  I would see us skimming over the water in a nicer boat.  I would drive my red convertible to the grocery store. We would haul four wheelers behind a new truck.  In each of these scenarios, we were always surrounded by our friends, laughing and having adventures and living the high life.

I learned a valuable lesson today.  Before I share it, let me first continue to tell you what the newest Law of Attraction site suggested.  It suggested that we take twenty pictures of the favourite treasures we have right now.  Put them up where we can look at them and study them. I decided to do a slide show on my IPad. It took me hours to find just the right pictures.

Bare with me while I tell you what these pictures are especially since I have more than 20.  I have one of all my children and their respective partners.  I also have one of each of my kids individually, and two of my granddaughter, and of course one of each of the dogs.  I have one of our house, one of the RV, one of our boat, one of my car, and of course, one of our scooters.  I have several of different friends, and several of my husband taken while out on different adventures.

What I noticed when I looked at these pictures, is the only ones taken at home, in the house where we live, was of the house itself!   All the other pictures were taken while we were out on some crazy adventure.  Geocaching, boating, camping or out for an evening at another friends house.

I don't want or need a newer, fancier, bigger better, house, RV, car, boat or whatever.   I want enough money to retire on today.  I want Ray to be able to do what he wants, when he wants.   I have so often, as so many of us do, thought, "if I won the lottery, I would, buy this, buy that, go here, etc..etc.."  It's not that I wouldn't buy a new RV/car/boat, depending on how much the winnings were, I am human, I probably would.  The point I am trying to make is, all of my treasures were of adventures with people I love and care about.  It wasn't of things.  Even the picture I chose of the house was with renovations being done to it.  The picture of the car was taken while I was secretly snapping pictures of my neighbours son skateboarding, (that sounds creepy!  His mom knew I took the pics.  I was trying to get an action shot).

The people in my life mean so much to me, I love and care for each of them.  Do I want to win the lottery?  Yeah, I would.  I now know its for completely different reasons than originally thought.

What does your dream board consist of?

Take care

Love ya,

Me


2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fantastic post! Puts things into perspective :)
    My dream board? hmmm....... Travel the world, share it with people I love. Love and befriend 45 Cats. Pet a seal. Learn how to sail. Learn at least 3 more languages...
    It goes on and onnnn....

    ReplyDelete