Tuesday 18 June 2013

BC Ferries Fares

Did you realize that the BC government is giving BC Ferries $80 million over four years?  Did you also know that BC ferries is subsidized  $150 million annually by the Provincial government along with another $26 million a year from the Federal government?

Bc Ferry prices are astronomical as it is, they just had a fare increase April 1st, and for the next two years, 2014 and 2015, they will raise them again. This makes me sick, the greedy so and so's.

Think about it, $80,000,000 over four years.  That's $20,000,000 a year.  Plus the $176,000,000 they receive between both the federal and provincial governments.  That comes up to almost TWO HUNDRED MILLION a year!  That money is just given to them, handed over, charity.  Charity for a corporation that pays top executives hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.  In 2012, the salary for the top 5 executives ranged from just over $700,000 to over $1,000,000 dollars a year.

If you are as appalled as I am, please go to my previous blog, Letter to The Minister, copy it, edit it any way you want, add your name and address to it and send it to the Minister of Transportation.  oh, and if you send it, or have sent it, could you leave me a little note?  Just so I know I am not speaking to deaf ears.

Many people I have spoken with tell me they don't go to Vancouver because they just can't afford to. Please use your voice to help I this crusade.  Share the letter with friends and family, get them to send it as well.

Take care,
And as always
Love ya

Me



No comments:

Post a Comment