Sunday 23 December 2012

We Are Still Here and Tis the Season

Well,it is Decembers 22, 2012 and we are still here. I think we will make it to 2013. I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas and a prosperous and healthy 2013. For those of you who fear the number 13, I hope it proves to be just as good as all the other numbers for you.

 Wow! 2013. I remember when people were freaking out about the new millennium and how electronics will fail and that will bring the world to an end and oh Em gee, what a kerfuffle that was. People hoarding food, and spending thousands of dollars they don't have to make bomb shelters and everything else. I did a nothing. I didn't take extra money out of the bank, I didn't stock food, buy cases and gallons of gas or water. We did nothing. Now we have a second chance. 2013, Myan calendar, world will end. What do we do this time? We drive out in a snow storm, tempting fate, to visit our daughter. Again, no stockpiling, or hoarding going on in our house. Now I hear, there was a mistake made and the end of the world will be in 2015. They changed their minds. All I know is, 2013 is a few days away, and it will be a phenomenal year. I am going to commit myself with my resolution right here and now. I believe in making resolutions, I believe in making and setting goals for the future, and that is all a resolution is. You are resolving yourself to meet a goal or two or three by the same time next year. I don't always succeed in achieving my goals. For example, I have not lost weight in the past 12 months, I have actually gained. I haven't gotten healthier I have gotten sicker. So.....with this logic in hand, if I resolve to become sicker, and if I resolve to become fatter, do you think the opposite will happen? I will lose weight and get better? Is it even worth giving it a try? I am not disheartened, I am determined, 2013 will be my year. My year to health, and maybe a little wealth. We will see. So, make goals, set agendas, and make a real effort to accomplish it. It does not matter if you do or not, your effort will bring you that much closer to your goal each year. Share your hopes and dreams of accomplishments with me. It is one little step towards a commitment.

 Merry Christmas to you all

 Love you
 Me

1 comment:

  1. A nice little blog Lynn... makes me feel like you are not so far away. Last years resolution was to lose 50 lbs and increase our net worth by $10,000. I've lost over 30 lbs and increased our net worth by $9,500. I'm pretty excited about that. I think I'll do the very same thing again this year! Merry Christmas and happy new year! Chelsea Smith

    ReplyDelete