Friday 7 December 2012

LIFE - Sense of Humour Required

I often read blogs, editorials, statuses on Face Book, letters to the Editor, or even comments made on statuses on Facebook or a picture or something, and often they are very negative.  I understand that the world  isn't perfect, people have challenges, and sometimes people are just in a down right crabby mood.   

With that said, I have to say, this is life!  It's not a dress rehearsal.  This life is what YOU make of it.  We can't rely on others to make us happy, that happiness comes from within.   I do my best to surround myself with positive people, who smile a lot, laugh easily, and can find joy in the smallest things. I have a fabulous group of friends who are exactly like that.  

Not only do they do all of that, but they put up with me and my complaints.  They patiently listen to my tales of woe, about my aches and pains, and then promptly change the subject and talk about more pleasant things.

You see, I have been in a rut, and I must have been one of the most unpleasant person to be around with all my complaints.  I am so grateful I have amazing friends who didn't drop me like a hot potato and run away in the opposite direction.  For that I thank you!  It must have been challenging at times

Thinking about my friends, life, and everything that happens, reminded me that we can't take life to seriously.  We need a sense of humour to get through a lot of the stuff life throws at us.  Some of us will get sick, some of us will go or stay broke, some of us will have one thing after another happen, and it seems like its a never ending list of things gone wrong.  What we forget to do during these times is remember what has gone right.  For example, the other night I did not sleep at all, I read till 1:30, and then tossed and turned till 6:00 a.m. when I finally got up and started my day.   That night, I went to take my bed time meds and realized I didn't sleep because I didn't take my sleeping pills!  

Petty issues surround us every day.  We can either let them bug us and ruin our day, or we can laugh. I am going to do my best to laugh at the petty things and not let it get the best of me.  I will rejoice in what I can do, and try not to get upset about the things I can't.  I am not claiming it will be easy, it's going to be down right difficult, but I will do my best.  

There will be days where I will want to do something, and I won't be able to, and I will do my best not to get down about it.  I do know that if I do get down, I have a fabulous group of friends and family that will pull me kicking and screaming out of the hole.  

For now, smile, laugh, brush the troubles off your shoulders, see the rainbows after the rain, the silver lining in the clouds and know that we are all part of a bigger picture, and five years from now, what you are upset about, angry with or worried about will probably not matter.  Remember, we are here for a good time, not a long time  

Love ya

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment